Mobile app from conceptual idea to MVP
Has this thought ever popped in your mind, ‘Should I Create an MVP before creating an actual mobile app?’
If yes, then you need to have second thoughts on this topic would be helpful enough for you. This article is going to focus on the conceptual idea of MVP and then turning into a successful mobile app.
Topics for Discussion-
- What is MVP and the impact of this idea?
- Is MVP Affordable?
- Success Stories with MVP
- And, finally, the billion-dollar question is MVP worth the hype?
What is an MVP? What makes it a good starting point?
Do you have a unique idea for mobile app development? The idea might be spectacular and highly useful in your mind, but have you thought about customer reviews or feedback based on the functionality of the app?
No. Then how to expect a hit on this?
One good way to discover the market, as well as your customer’s needs, is by MVP. The mobile app prototypes allow you to test your product or service in the market to test and eliminate any related risks After you have discovered the risks, you can easily fix the issues while enhancing the mobile app at the same time
Don’t think about spending a lot of money, rather go for an MVP to save time and effort. MVP works remarkably well for mobile app businesses as well as SaaS Products. Let your business shine to the peak by preferring Minimum Viable Product. Trust me, it will counter your fear regarding the addition of a new mobile app for your business.
How much does it Cost to Develop in App Vs MVP?
In this part, let’s particularly focus on MVP development and its price in particular. One thing that even developers would agree on is that it takes a good amount of time to develop a functional mobile app. Reason for this lies in the designing processes, testing, fixing and final market release. To develop your cool app ideas into reality you must go for MVP.
Rather than launching an app that takes $150 in 6 months (success and goals are not predictable in this case), you better go for an MVP app which allows being created within $10 in just a month or two.
Moreover, the biggest benefit with MVP is that you get to see if your startup ideas for the app has a certain future to it or not.
Down the Line Benefits of Using MVP
A minimum viable prototype will get you benefits such as -
- MVP demands for less investment
- Business-related risks are reduced to a great extent
- You receive real feedback from users
- The market release is smoother
What are your options in developing an MVP?
Here are some options to develop an MVP for your mobile application-
- You can outsource for MVP development
- Or simply hire a software engineering company
- Get it manually built
- Another best way is to hire a developer
Huge Success Stories of Mobile App MVPs
If you need something to inspire you, then here it is -
Did you know that Uber started with an MVP which was exclusively meant to connect customers with driver and further accept payments? This product became a hit because it helped customers aid the pain of getting cabs, So, what next? They took this to the mobile app from conceptual idea to MVP. And, today we see Uber cabs running everywhere around us. And, Uber EATS has worked the same way as Uber.
Undoubtedly, Facebook is the most popular and used apps among people. It has even popularized among people of all ages. So have you ever wondered where did all of this start?
Well, Facebook success was well-tested before its landing among people. With its introduction in the market, it has developed newer technology and features.
It has been over 7 years since Instagram came in the limelight. The starting of MVP turned into a popular social media platform. Over the years, Instagram has only enabled video content; add filters and a lot more to enhance the customer experience.
Is MVP truly Worth the Hype that it stands for?
Honestly, if you have a cool idea in your mind for a mobile application, then don’t risk your money. Rather, opt for a trail and go for MVP. This Minimum Viable Prototype can offer you with the perfect reflection of where the app would stand after its launch.
- Firstly, on the market MVP is quicker to get in comparison to a fully developed app.
- Any downs in the app can easily be rectified before launching out the final products.
- Huge money can be easily saved with an MVP. Thinking how?
Well, it’s because you include the major features into the MVP and then while finalizing the product you can work on the secondary features as well.
4. Using the customer feedback you can bring more features to use before the completion of the final product.
- MVP is the smallest testable version for a product or mobile application. It relates to minimal time and cost investment.
- A customer review is one of the most important factors for an MVP. If customers appeal to the product, then it is launched for success.
- User Feedback Loop for an MVP includes — Real Feedback, Testing, and Changes, Growth for better user experience.
- Popular brands such as — Uber, Facebook, Amazon, Taproot +, Instagram, Glam squad and many more started with MVP.
- With an MVP you get the chance to reach out to customers at a quicker rate. Example of this is Bumble and Bumble Bizz.
- What are your options after an MVP? Make improvements, amend it or simply drop the entire project. Get a clear idea with MVP.
- The average market price for MVP is around $15.000. However, it may change depending on the type of product or method.
- Best benefit given by an MVP app is that you do not have to build everything to know its impact on the market and its further success.